Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Christmas time!!


 


Well.. We are down to the final week until Christmas.. Usually this time of year is the worst, as it was mom's favorite time of year. This season it hasn't been too terribly bad, mainly because I have been so busy being a single momma of five! This past week I lost a woman that was like a mother to me.. And it has been more difficult than I would have expected.. And I can't pinpoint the exact reasons as to why.

For the first time in 14 years, I will have no kiddo's home with me for my birthday or Christmas.. I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that in the aspect of not having them home.. But I am excited for them all to get to see their dad's, and for me to have some much needed down time. Jazzie, Austin, and Nic will be gone for two weeks, while the babies will be home after a week. I'm sure it will feel extremely quiet and lonely.. So I am hoping to already be caught up on laundry and housecleaning, and just catch up on sleep the whole time they are gone!

In my old age, I am becoming worse than the kids.. The second I had everyones presents in my possession, I was ready to celebrate Christmas.. So I used the excuse that since they weren't going to be here for Christmas day.. And we were so busy this past week.. It was time for Santa to come for a visit!! (Against Jazzie's wishes.. she wanted to wait!) Thankfully, since my birthday is Christmas Eve, I have a special connection with Santa, and can ask him to come to our house early!! So we had Christmas last week.. When we got home, the boys all stayed in the car while Jazzie and me frantically ran through the house to gather all the hidden presents. It was a smaller Christmas than what they are used to, but eveerybody got something that they were really wanting.. Except maybe Jazzie.. I told her I would just take her shopping since she is sooo picky! :) But she did get a few things on her long list of wants.. And I bought her her first white and black diamond necklace. :) Austin got an XBOX (The third one for our household.. But I have 4 boys that all love to play), Nic got the games Minecraft (It's super cute because when Nic first said Minecraft, Xander took the "mine" as possession, and now calls it Niccraft)and Skylanders, Sebastian got Infinity (Disney version of Skylanders) and Xander got Real Steel action figures.. If you have never seen the movie RealSteel, you should watch it.. It's pretty cute.. and it plays at least 5 times a week in our house.. To the point I just bought it on Amazon, so he can just stream it rather than wearing out DVD's. Sadly, he saw the action figures before Christmas.. So when Xander was opening his presents, he would get it half way open and say, "Nope, that's not my robots. Mommy I can't find my robots!" That kid is too smart for his own good! But needless to say, he carrys those things everywhere he goes!!

I'm looking forward to the start of a new year.. Fresh starts and new beginnings.. Of course hoping to jump on the bandwagon of eating healthier and losing some weight.. I know what I need to do.. It's just a matter of sticking with it. I've gained almost 20 pounds in the last 6 months and I hate it! So time to start buckling down and getting to it! Swimsuit season will be here before I know it!. Well, there is an update in a nutshell.. Hoping I won't wait another month before the next blog!! Merry Christmas to everybody!!!

Jolly Ole Mommy 

No comments:

Post a Comment