Sunday, September 15, 2013

Expanding waist lines!

Well, my cousin Becca came in yesterday with her new baby! She is too cute! Becca is also an amazing baker, and I asked her to make me some of her salted whiskey caramels.. So when we planned out our menu for the 4 days she is going to be here, we planned for Grandma Deedon's macaroni & cheese, and salted whiskey caramels.. That's it.. Well, in traditional family tradition.. I feel like we have eaten non stop!!! On my counter sits way to many leftovers.. Enough to probably feed my family for the week.. Today we had brats, sauteed mushrooms and onions, homemade potato soup that uses 5lbs of red potatoes, and some amazing peach pound cake.. My best friend also through together one of his mom's famous dishes that contains chuck roast, cream of onion soup, and french onion soup.. It cooked for 24 hours, so the house smelled amazing! Throw it on some bread, (some ate it with cheese, Austin and I made it with horseradish sauce) so yummy!!! I have eaten, and eaten, and eaten some more! Not to mention last night I polished off half a bag of Dove chocolates! Being down in my back, means hardly any exercise.. So my carefree regard to what I eat and gaining weight is catching up with me! And for a quick second, I think I am going to have motivation to work on eating better and losing some of this weight.. Especially since I am the biggest I have been in 8 years, minus pregnancy.. And then I look to the kitchen and think.. "Ohhhh.. warm peach pound cake with a slab of butter and an ice cold glass of milk sounds amazing right now!".. And that whole theory of losing weight.. Goes right out the window. 

2/5 of my kiddos are bathed, with teeth brushed and are ready for bed.. I just announced that bedtime will be at 8:30 for everybody! The three older kid's lightly protested stating that their bedtime wasn't until 9 and 9:30.. But tonight, after having 5 kids stuck in the house on a dreary rainy day, and running from one end of the house to the other, arguing, bickering, making a mess, all day long, with no nap for the two little munchkins.. Mommy has demanded 30 minutes of quiet time while reading a book, and then off to bed they go! I've never been so excited for a Monday to finally get here! 4/5 of the kids will be off to school, Xander will use his imagination and play with his toys, and Becca, the baby and me, can enjoy some quietness and make up a batch of salted whiskey caramels! And veg out and watch movies and pig out on leftovers.. I'm really thinking we may need a chocolate party cake tomorrow...

Muffin Top Momma

2 comments:

  1. The kid and I had fun and of course all the food was yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for coming up! I need the recipe for salted whiskey caramels!

    ReplyDelete