Sunday, September 29, 2013

Football Sundays

This has to be my favorite time of year! This is the one time, that my 5 kids, and me, are on the same wavelength!! GO PACKERS!!!! Even Xander has learned to say Go Pack Go, and Bastian is quick to tell anybody that even mentions the Bears, "Bears stink!" Makes a momma proud to have 5 kids screaming at the tv right a long with me... Unfortunately, this was our bye week.. So we were stuck watching the Bears vs Detroit.

Our new tradition is to head over to "Mom and Pops", our adopted family, and all scream at the tv while Pops cooks out on the grill.. When the weather is amazing like it was today, Pops brings the tv outside, wires up the speakers, and we all get to chill in the patio watching the game. Of course, most of them are Bears fans, so watching today's game was great fun! If you caught any part of the game, you will understand that I got to do a majority of the yelling and celebrating! :)

Our adopted family extends all the way down to the kids who refer to them as "Grandma and Grandpa".. And they treat my 5 kids as any grandparents would do.. The afternoon was filled with packages of Oreo's, Chips Ahoy, Kool Aid bursts, fresh-out-of-the-oven chocolate chip cookies, and multiple bags of chips. So after spending all day and half the evening outdoors, eating anything and everything they could get their hands on, Bastian and Xander were covered from head to toe in red kool aid mustaches, cookie crumbs, and chip remnants. So two baths down, two babies relaxing quietly on the couch before bed, and three big kids finishing up homework and chores.. This mommy is actually blogging before 11pm!!

I'm hoping for it to be an early night, since I am planning to be up before the sun in the morning to take a mini road trip to spend the best friend.. But those that know me, know I am NOT a morning person.. But it has been way too long since I have seen her, so I will sacrifice to spend the day with her since she is so close. There is no telling what kind of trouble we will get it, so somebody be sure to save me some bail money in their sock!!

Football Loving Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment